.

Sunday, February 17, 2019

An Argument Of The Lack Of Lawyer?s Morals :: essays research papers

Synthesis PaperI intelligibly remember one wild and crazy Saturday night, I had just moody 19 years old and was out celebrating with my buddies. On my way seat I decided to act like if I was on an installation of COPS and was arrested for drunk driving, reckless driving, evading police, resisting arrest, and underage drinking. When I went to judgeship for my first consultation I was facing a minimum of one year in jail, five thousand dollars in fines, and a two year good luck of my drivers license. Right then I knew then that I had to find myself a attorney and was not going to decide for a worthless existence defender. As I was walking out of the courtroom a lawyer approached me and asked if I needed a lawyer. Before I could answer he said he could get my case dismissed and all of my charges dropped for trey thousand dollars. He didnt even know all the expatiate of my case and already knew he could win my case. The lawyer didnt heraldic bearing whether I was guilty or innocent he just cherished the money for taking my case. This goes to show that some lawyers wear upont handle who is innocent or guilty as long as they do-nothing get paid a good sum of money for your court case. I will show you that some lawyers arent interested near who is innocent or guilty all they want is the chance to meshwork from the case. I have included three cases in this essay where lawyers dont care whether their clients are innocent or at fault.The first case I will be discussing is Liebeck Vs McDonalds. In this case an 81 year old woman (Stella Liebeck) using the drive through window at a local McDonalds ordered a transfuse of coffee tree. While in her vehicle Liebeck spilled the coffee on her lap and mol area and received second and third degree burns from it. With a lawyer on her side she filed a lawsuit stating that McDonalds coffee was served too hot and it was a dangerous temperature. McDonalds would not settle out of court because they believed they h ad proof of negligence on the victim, and would win the case. later a long and timely lawsuit, McDonalds lost the case and the gore awarded Liebeck 2.9 million dollars. We all know that Liebeck was at fault for spilling coffee on herself, but to the lawyer it doesnt matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment